Apply online for funding in four easy steps:
1. Review eligibility criteria
The following organizations are eligible to apply for TD FEF funding:
- Registered Canadian charities with a Charitable Registration Number (CRN)
- Educational institutions (primary/secondary/post-secondary)
- Aboriginal groups
2. Check examples of eligible projects
|Eligible projects||Ineligible projects|
|Environmental education||Salaries (if more than 50% of the amount requested)|
|Tree plantings (native plant species)*||Administrative or capital costs|
|Schoolyard or urban naturalization projects*||Pledges|
Community gardening programs*
|Operating expenses or deficits|
|Habitat restoration||Scholarships, grants, bursaries, and awards|
|Endangered species/wildlife protection||Advocacy activities|
|Environmental research||Mileage or meal costs|
|Projects started prior to application date|
*Please ensure you include a maintenance plan for these types of projects.
3. Review FAQs for application deadlines and more
4. Submit funding request via our Online Application Form or retrieve a saved application if you have already started.
5. Applicants will be required to attach a budget to their application form. Click here for a sample budget template which you may save and use to complete your budget.
The TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (TD FEF) prohibits discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability or other characteristic protected by law. You will be asked to indicate whether the projects, programs and activities for which you seek funding comply with TD FEF’s anti-discrimination policy.
TD FEF reserves the right to exclude organizations and decline donations, gifts or sponsorships as it deems appropriate.
For over 22 years, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation has worked to help protect the environment and green communities across Canada. By donating to TD FEF, you’re directly supporting projects that make a difference in your community. TD Friends of the Environment Foundation - BN/Registration Number: 133702845RR0001