This September, charities, schools, municipalities and indigenous communities are invited to participate in a special funding round with TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (TD FEF).
In celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary in 2017, the special round will focus on the revitalization, animation and stewardship of public green spaces.
According to research from TD, creating more parks and green spaces, and maintaining those that exist, are important urban greening initiatives for Canadians – and this is reflected in the applications that TD FEF receives. Applications are increasingly focusing on connecting people with nature and public green spaces, through a variety of ways – such as urban greening and encouraging outdoor education and play.
Organizations with eligible projects are invited to submit an Expression of Interest form, outlining the details of the project. Successful applicants will be notified and invited to submit a more detailed grant application.
Eligible projects will include:
- Schoolyard greening and outdoor classrooms
- Park revitalization and restoration work
- Butterfly gardens and pollinator programs
- Community gardens
- Natural playgrounds
- Citizen science projects in public green spaces
- Trail building and restoration
- Neighbourhood park programming, including festivals and stewardship
- Tree plantings
Key dates are outlined below:
- September 19, 2016: Deadline to submit Expression of Interest form.
- October, 17, 2016: Successful applicants are invited to submit a formal Grant Application based on their Expression of Interest.
- November 21, 2016: Deadline to submit Grant Application.
- February 2017: Grant applicants are notified.
For 25 years, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation has worked to help protect the environment and green communities across Canada. By donating to TD FEF, you’re directly supporting projects that make a difference in your community.
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation – BN/Registration Number: 133702845RR0001
*Standard wireless carrier message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider.